Saturday, November 28, 2009

God created...Genisis 1:1

I painted this picture in March - I was having a hard time feeling creative but I sensed the Lord tell me just to play with some colours.
The outcome was this painting. It represents God speaking the world as we know it into existence--bringing order out of chaos.
I had been studying the word "firmament" which means a visible arch in the sky and the root word portrays God as an artist ...so I was considering God as an artist. When God created the Heavens and the earth like when deep calls unto deep ...His spirit calling out to our spirit ...Its Him wanting to know us.

In April - I went to Pelican Narrows and at the ladies meeting they sprung it on me that I was to share - one lady said the only thing the Lord was giving her was Genisis 1:1 ... so it fit so well. God is good

3 comments:

Colleen McCubbin said...

Beautiful, Margie. So glad you finished it and blogged it!

Unknown said...

its beautiful! i love the thought behind it (:
Sarah

Robbie Louth said...

I was just searching the word Bridegroom and was so blessed by seeing your anointed painting. I just wrote a post about longing for the Bridegroom. Thank you for your blessing.