Sunday, February 24, 2008

That's what friends are for.

I painted this particular piece because the song “That’s What Friends are For …” came to my mind to paint for a fundraiser for single moms

In good times ... In bad times
Knowing you can always count on me
(The musical notes read) "That's what friends are for..."

It is a song that we all need to hear from time to time.

I felt very strongly in my heart to paint this theme - and that it was for one person specifically. Before the event, my girlfriend said a prayer for the painting to speak to people's hearts and that the person it was intended for would buy it. I was pleased (in shock actually) to see the number of bidders.
The final bid was anonymous - I saw a man carrying it out so I asked him privately who it was for and he said it was going to a teenage girl.


( I was quite nervous that I wouldn't get any bids because there was some excellent art submitted -- so I am more than grateful to God that it sold)

No comments: