Friday, December 14, 2007

Imploding

This painting is an explosion of abstract shapes that resemble emeralds. Some are clear - others obscure and misshaped.

I was considering painting over this picture but then with a second look - I realized that it sort of describes where I am in life at the moment. Lately, I feel like I am exploding on the inside. Thus the title: "Imploding"
Yes, imploding, collapsing and caving in on the inside.

The plans that I have been aiming at fell apart. My world inwardly seems to be spinning out of my control and my hopes somewhat in a pile of rubble. Trying to see the humor in this instance ... my brothers rock tumbler came to mind. I was amused to think --- perhaps this is what's happening spiritually in my heart.

Instructions for the rock tumbler read: Add rocks, water, and coarse abrasive grit to tumbler. Let tumble for one to two weeks. Wash stones thoroughly. Repeat if desired for smoother stones.

What I need to glean through this, is that God is in control in every situation~~ even when I don't see him and my world is spinning. He uses the worst situations /abrasive relationships and works them to the good... that I believe. Through these times, He will take my rough-edged character and will perfect it until I am a polished gem. This I am sure ... What I am not so comfortable with is the "Repeat if desired" part!

1 comment:

Colleen McCubbin said...

Poignant, Margie. I recently cleaned out Kevin's pantry and discovered ... a rock tumbler. Feel like I'm being tumbled!

Saw your comment on Lori Anne Youngman's Facebook profile. Glad you're painting again! Hope some of it finds its way to your blog ...