Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Big Picture

I love divine appointments. Appointments that only God could orchestrate. I was thinking to myself on the way to work "I wonder what I will see on the walking path today"

Today - I met a lady from Africa that has just moved here. She has six children and a husband. Moved here from the Congo - speaks some of the same language I learned and we just bonded so well. (She had me at the mention of 6 african children)

What are the chances that I would meet an African lady --- in my small town? I wasn't going to walk but changed my mind at the last minute and we met. How cool is that?

Meeting once made me think "Wow that was interesting" but then we met the second time 20 minutes later just outside my work ... I swear it is a total God set-up!

I have been looking deeper into the scripture"He orders our steps". It has a really interesting meaning. The word orders means: He prepares the way
and that He will walk with us as a companion every step of the way. The word order also can be used to request things.... like when we stand at fast food counter and someone else places our order "They'll have this and this and this".

I think it would be safe to say that Jesus orders what we will need for the journey, sets things in place and interweaves peoples paths for a divine purpose. For a person with trust issues like my self -- I find this scripture so reassuring.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hey! i just wanted to tell you that your work is amazing and I love how strong you are with God for he is amazing and has created an amazing and beautiful world!
God Bless!
-fellow Margaret McConnell (no joke, thats my name :-D)

margaret mcconnell said...

Thank you so much - God has brought me through the toughest of times

Where are you from?